Designed by custom knifemaker Michael Reinhold, the Reinhold Rhino offers impressive strength and cutting performance in a very compact package. Its full-flat-ground PlainEdge blade is crafted from premium CTS XHP stainless steel and features a sweeping profile that packs plenty of edge into its length. It is paired with an ergonomic handle featuring textured carbon fiber/G-10 scales, nested stainless steel liners, and Spyderco’s high-strength Compression Lock mechanism. A relieved cutout in the obverse scale allows easy access to the blade’s Trademark Round Hole for swift right-handed operation, while a reversible stainless steel pocket clip provides convenient left or right-side tipup carry. A compact, do-everything folder, the Reinhold Rhino offers cutting power far beyond its size.
- PLAINEDGE BLADE – This knife has a sharpened blade with no serrations or teeth sometimes referred to as a smooth blade.
- CARBON FIBER HANDLE – Graphic fibers (the size of a human hair) woven together then fused with epoxy resin. Lightweight with a high level of tensile strength it is three dimensional in appearance.
- FULL-FLAT GRIND – This knife features a blade ground with flat bevels that extend from the spine all the way to the cutting edge. This grind reduces drag during cutting and decreases overall weight.
- COMPRESSION LOCK – Developed and patented by Spyderco, the compression lock mechanism uses a leaf-like spring from a split liner in the handle to wedge laterally between a ramp on the blade tang and the stop pin (or anvil pin).
- SPECIFICATIONS – Closed Length (Inches): 3.6, Overall Length (Inches): 5.95, Blade Length (Inches):2.35, Blade Steel: CTS XHP, Grind: Full-Flat