Veteran U.S. Marine and an avid outdoorsman Jonathan McNees has a lifetime of experience using knives in the field. When he combined that hard-won insight with his skills as a custom knifemaker, one of the results was his “Killer B” folding knife – an amazingly compact everyday-carry cutting tool and the inspiration for the Spyderco McBee. Proof positive that function is a matter of design, not size, the McBee features a saber-ground Wharncliffe blade crafted from CTS XHP stainless steel. Its uniquely scalloped spine creates a profile that offers both scalpel-like precision and impressive cutting power. Despite its diminutive size, it is also capable of true one-hand-opening capability via its Trademark Round Hole. The stonewash-finished blade is paired with a handle featuring precision machined solid titanium scales. The obverse (near-side) scale has a series of skeletonizing holes, while the reverse-side scale forms the foundation of the knife’s sturdy Reeve Integral Lock (R.I.L.) mechanism. Both scales have a handsome matte finish and are accented by McNees’ signature stippling on the lock recess and the pivot pin screw heads. A polished stainless steel hourglass clip provides right-side, tip-up carry and is backed by a lined lanyard hole for the easy attachment of lanyards and fobs.
- FOLDING KNIVES – Locking folding knives are safe, compact, and easy to carry. They also happen to be where the Spyderco revolution began.
- TITANIUM – A non-ferrous metal used in knife manufacturing for its high tensile strength, light weight and corrosion resistance.
- FLAT SABER GRIND – This knife features a blade ground with flat bevels that extend from the centerline of the blade to the cutting edge. This grind maintains full thickness through a larger portion of the blade for increased strength.
- PLAINEDGE BLADE – This knife has a sharpened blade with no serrations or teeth sometimes referred to as a smooth blade.
- SPECIFICATIONS – Closed Length (Inches): 2.3, Overall Length (Inches): 3.82, Blade Length (Inches):1.52, Blade Steel: CTS XHP, Grind: Saber