H-1 is an extraordinary Japanese steel that uses nitrogen instead of carbon to create its steel matrix. The result is an austenitic steel that does not require heat treatment, gets harder and tougher with use and is absolutely impervious to rust! Spyderco’s Atlantic Salt combines this amazing blade material with a sheepfoot folder design to yield a versatile mariner’s knife that is completely at home in the water. The Atlantic Salt’s sheepfoot blade allows safe, efficient cutting and its large 14mm Round Hole makes one-handed opening easier with gloved or wet hands. All other steel components of the Atlantic Salt have also been specially treated to make them impervious to rust and pitting. The black fiberglass-reinforced-nylon handle has Volcano Grip texturing to ensure a slip-free grip, and a strong back lock mechanism with David Boye’s locking lever dent provides secure, reliable blade lock-up. A reversible black titanium pocket clip supports left or right-side tip-up carry and a hole through the clip attachment screw also allows attachment of a lanyard when using the knife around water.
- Features a blade ground from H-1 steel, an exclusive material that provides excellent cutting performance yet is completely impervious to rust
- Hollow-ground serrated edge (SpyderEdge) blade
- High-strength back lock mechanism with David Boye Dent ensures safe, secure blade lock-up
- Black injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon handle with textured pattern for a positive grip
- Black titanium pocket clip supports left or right-side, tip-up carry