Our classic folding knife is a design icon. Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the No. 8 is an international bestseller. Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic. Keep it in your desk for workday lunches. Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s’mores. With an easy-to-maintain stainless steel blade, this knife is ready for wherever your adventures might take you. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for years to come.
- Knives made in France Since its creation in 1890, the company has been manufacturing its knives in the heart of the French Alps.
- Easy to clean: Knives with a stainless steel blade are highly resistant and can be easily cleaned with a sponge, warm water and dishwashing liquid.
- Strength and resistance: From woodwork to steelwork, as well as new materials like top-of-the-range synthetic polymers, our knives are designed to last a lifetime and will often be passed down from father to son.
- Continuous quality control We run regular quality checks as raw material and components are received, and at each stage of the manufacturing process.
- Blade: 12C27 modified stainless steel is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0. 40% provides an excellent cutting edge.